Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

I made these a few weeks ago because it had been on my mind to try these for weeks. They were AMAZING. Super easy for anyone to make, you don't have to be a great baker.

Take 1 box of white cake mix (any brand, I used Betty Crocker), and only use about 1 cup of the water and substitute the other part with  fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I think it was about 1/4 cup). Zest the lemon and set it aside for the frosting. :)

Then follow the rest of the box directions, fold in fresh blueberries before putting them into the cupcake tins. Cook until you place a toothpick in and it comes out clean.

For the frosting, I used a recipe I found at http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/lemon-cream-cheese-frosting/Detail.aspx however, it  calls for 5 cups of confectioners sugar, but I ran out at 4 and it was perfect. 5 would have made it entirely too sweet.

They were amazing, I want to try this same idea of the white cake mix but try it with raspberries next time. :)

Until the next baking adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment